Stock No. C1028
A small English gilt carriage clock
- A small English gilt carriage clock, with subsidiary dials for day and date, and striking the hours and half hours on a gong.
- The case is of typical English construction the various layers being held together by threaded rods in the corner pillars
- The engine turned case has retained its original gilding.
- The front panel is engine turned and gilded with fine decorative bezels around the dials
- The silvered dials are engine turned at the centre and have painted numerals.
- The top and side panels of the case are also engine turned, the rear-opening
door is plain.
- The 8-day movement has twin chain driven fusees, maintaining power, an underslung platform lever escapement and a plain uncompensated 3-arm balance.
- Case height 6¼ inches including handle.
- Due to wear the date indication between day 27 and day 7 is not very precise.