Stock No. C785
An English mahogany bracket clock
by Christopher Williamson, London c1840
- An attractive carved mahogany bracket clock complete with its original bracket.
- The clock is signed on the enamelled dial Williamson London.
- The clock strikes the hours on a bell and has strike/silent and pull repeat features.
- The 5-pillar movement has an anchor escapement with chain driven fusees, and has gilt brass hands.
- The backplate is engraved C. Williamson London, the frontplate has the serial number 9283 and the rear of the enamelled dial is marked Rd. Symes.
- Clock height 18 inches (27½ inches including the bracket).
Christopher Williamson is recorded as working at several addresses in Cornhill, London from about 1821 to 1847. Richard Symes is recorded as a clock dial enameller between about 1816 and 1835.